Living Options: Rehabilitation
"I was fortunate enough to be able to move into Williamsport Retirement Village's new rehab wing on opening day! I have appreciated the rehab services I have received thus far, and my living space is better than I could have imaged. It's beautiful."
~ Tom, new rehab resident
Renowned for our exemplary care and service to the tri-state community, Williamsport Retirement Village is home to one of the most extensive rehabilitation programs in the area. Our new state-of-the-art West View Rehabilitation Center offers an environment and programming that encourage privacy, independence and choice. Individuals seeking rehabilitative services expect exceptional clinical outcomes and look for the professionalism and competence that will support their recovery. They expect to be provided a well equipped rehab area that is convenient and in a comfortable setting. Given such a model, the rehab resident would spend up to two hours a day in therapy with the balance of their time in their bedroom.
At Williamsport Retirement Village's West View Rehabilitation Center, we offer the exceptional clinical outcomes, the professionalism and competence that will support a rehab guest's recovery. But, we believe we are unique in that we offer the programming and environment that enhances our guests' experience for the balance of their entire stay, not just a portion of it. By offering the following services, our guests can appreciate their complete rehab stay with us. Those services include;
Guest Services ~ West View offers one full-time concierge who personally sees that guests are individually attended to with regard to all aspects of their stay.
IT Lending Library ~ The IT Lending Library provides our guests access to a variety of technologies to keep them connected to their community and family, for entertainment, current events or as part of their continued rehab plan.
West View Spa ~ The Spa offers services beyond the traditional salon experience. West View Spa offers a variety of services including massages, touch therapy, pedicures, manicures and facials.
Interactive Rehab Patio ~ West View will offer a fully functioning vehicle to practice managing getting into and out of with the purpose to gaining more independence when returning home.
Tranquil Outdoor Space ~ The outdoor space includes purposefull landscaping, a tiered courtyard, water features, walking paths and opportunities to interact with nature.
Well-appointed and generously sized living areas ~ The living areas offer natural lighting, comfortable areas to socialize or relax in quiet for the rehab guests.
Enhanced Dining ~ West View's enhanced dining combines advanced cooking technology with a service model that promotes culinary choice and variety in a warm and inviting atmosphere. In the planning of West View, priority was given to ensure optimal scenic view points.
Partnering with Flagship Rehabilitation Services
We partner with Flagship Rehabilitation Services, a local leader in the healthcare marketplace, to provide a comprehensive, customer-focused program designed especially for seniors. Our rehabilitative staff and medical team use the Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) system of therapeutic modalities to develop a very personalized approach to short-term therapy services. Our programs encompass physical, occupational and speech therapies as well as specialty rehabilitation programs such as wellness and fall prevention.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation program
- 24-hour, skilled nursing care
- Individualized therapy plans
- Focus on wellness
- Medical transportation
- Beautiful environments
- Spacious resident rooms with flat-screen televisions
- Mountain and courtyard views
- Oversized windows that maximize natural lighting
- Country kitchens
- Delicious and attractive meals planned by a registered dietitian
- Hospitality corner offering snacks and coffee for guests
- Well-maintained gardens and walking paths
- Interactive outdoor rehab patio
- Wi-Fi Internet service
- Kinect for Xbox
- Maximizing choice and independence
- Engaging LIFE® enrichment programming
- Patient and caregiver education
- Family involvement, support and education
- Open visitation for families and pets
- Balance and transfer training
- Strength and endurance exercises
- Range-of-motion exercises
- Pain reduction
- Therapeutic massage
- Ultrasound therapy
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation therapy
- Home evaluation to recommend adaptations
- Treatment programs to improve ability to carry out activities of daily living
- Strength and endurance training
- Cognitive retraining for problem solving, safety and organizational skills
- Adaptive equipment training
- Evaluation of speech, language, voice, swallowing and cognitive skills
- Treatment programs to improve function
- Specific treatment programs to improve memory and cognitive skills