Open with Care
Posted Monday, July 13, 2020
The difficulties of the past few months have only compounded existing challenges for many families. At Brooke Grove Retirement Village, we're here to help by accepting admissons for all levels of care.
As our community progresses through the reopening process, we remain committed to protecting our residents and rehab guests from the spread of COVID-19. We're taking the following steps to maintain a safe environment and adhering to recommendations from the CDC and local health authorities.
EXCEPTIONAL ISOLATION CARE
- COVID-19 patients cared for in a dedicated isolation unit at our rehab and nursing center
- Newly admitted or readmitted residents cared for in a separate isolation unit during two-week quarantine period
- Patients tested again after quarantine before being moved to a clean unit
REGULAR TESTING AND SCREENING
- New residents and staff tested before admisson or starting work
- Daily screenings for all residents, staff members, physicians and service providers
- Weekly testing for all staff members
- All current residents have been tested
- Should symptoms arise or a staff member test positive, weekly testing continues until all residents test negative twice, 24 hours apart
MASKS AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Masks required for everyone in facilities
- Large supply of PPE at facilities
- Appropriate PPE worn by all staff, physicians and care providers when entering patient rooms
FREQUENT AND THOROUGH CLEANING
- Meticulous disinfection of all surfaces (handrails, floors, equipment, etc.)
- Rooms for new occupants sanitized from floor to ceiling before arrival
- Hand sanitizing stations in the lobbies and hallways of all buildings
- Staff sanitize and wash hands before and after care of each resident
We're safetly open for all levels of care.
If you or a family member need our assistance, please let us know. Call 301-260-230 today to learn more about our commitment to care.