Posted Thursday, April 4, 2019
Williamsport Retirement Village is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team!
The maintenance department is responsible for maintaining WRV's buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe and operable manner at all times. The following functions are performed by maintenance, but are not limited to:
a. Maintaining the building in compliance with current federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and guidelines.
b. Maintaining the building in good repair and free from hazards.
c. Maintaining the fire alarm system, sprinkler system and emergency generator system in good working order.
d. Maintaining the heat/cooling system, plumbing fixtures, electrical, etc., in good working order.
e. Maintaining lighting levels that are comfortable, and assuring that exit lights are in good working order.
Applicants must be knowledgeable in all basics of plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning, appliance troubleshooting and repair, carpentry, drywall patching and repair, and other general maintenance tasks as they arise and participate in on-call rotation for after-hours maintenance emergencies.
Must be able to:
- Establish priorities in providing repair service.
2. Maintain the paging system in good working order.
3. Maintain the grounds, sidewalks, parking lots, etc.
4. Provide routinely scheduled maintenance service to all areas including but not limited to snow and ice removal
5. Assist in mowing grass areas around the premises and operate other types of lawn equipment
1-Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
2. Must be able to work in hot and cold temperatures for long periods of time.
3. Must be able to climb ladders.
4. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
WRV offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees to include medical and dental as well as 403b options. Other benefits include paid time off and paid holidays.
*Williamsport Retirement village is an equal opportunity employer.