Posted Monday, March 25, 2019
Laundry Service Associate
To provide laundry services to residents in the most efficient and timely manner possible in accordance with established procedure and policies, ensuring that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and follow laundry schedule/instructions from your supervisor.
- Collect soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc. that have been placed in appropriate containers in assigned soiled utility areas or carts.
- Follow and maintain established procedures on cross contamination, infectious material, etc. to assure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
- Sort and separate items that require special stain removal/treatment. Wash and dry laundry per instruction.
- Separate, fold, stack (hang/bag where required) and deliver to respective areas.
- Clean work area at end of shift.
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel and other departments within the facility, to assure that laundry programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of facility and residents.
- Ensure that residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor or person in charge.
- GED or High School Graduation Preferred
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, turn and/or twist & moderate lifting when necessary.
- Ability to climb and walk down stairs
- Ability to form and maintain positive work relationships with WRV residents and staff
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented setting with residents, relatives, staff and others.
- Must be able to read written documents, including but not limited to, Hazardous Material’s labels, job checklists, and Material Safety Data Sheets.
Experience in Laundry in a nursing home or hotel preferred.
Job Types: Full-time