Posted Monday, March 25, 2019
Essential Duties of Environmental Services Associate:
- When assigned to laundry, performs laundry duties to provide clean and sanitary laundry in accordance with established procedures to ensure proper infection and disease control as illustrated by the following:
- Collects, sorts, washes, soaks, and dries soiled laundry and linen; operates washers, dryers, and other laundry equipment.
- Transfers clothing from washers according to established operating procedures.
- Folds, stacks, and delivers laundry, linen and residents’ personal clothing.
- Issues clean linens to departments on a daily basis.
- Handles contaminated linen according to procedure when necessary.
- Picks up laundry and linen from residents
- Maintains records and logs as assigned.
- Maintains equipment and supplies in an orderly manner and keeps work area clean, safe, and sanitary; reports any problems related to structural or electrical wear or unsafe conditions; uses supplies and equipment according to directions; inventories supplies on an ongoing basis and notifies appropriate personnel of needed supplies.
- Performs all essential housekeeping duties within the laundry area.
- When assigned to housekeeping, performs a variety of housekeeping duties in order to maintain assigned area(s) in a sanitary, orderly, safe, and attractive condition as follows:
- Receives daily cleaning assignment; selects materials and supplies from utility room; loads service cart and transports to work area; at end of shift returns unused supplies to utility room; leaves trash in designated areas; and cleans cart and all equipment.
- Cleans and/or dusts assigned areas, furnishings, fixtures, window sills, blinds, etc., according to established housekeeping procedures; utilizes special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease.
- Follows daily, weekly, and monthly schedule as outlined.
- Washes walls, inside and outside windows on the ground level; cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures, light fixtures, tops of windows, door frames, and other high places, using ladders when necessary.
- Empties, cleans, and relines waste baskets.
- Cleans resident and client, private, and public bathrooms using special cleaning solution or germicides to prevent the spread of infection or disease; scours, polishes, and washes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and other plumbing fixtures; replaces disposable items such as towels, liquid soap dispensers, and toilet tissue.
- Upon discharge of residents, performs terminals cleaning procedures according to established standards.
- Maintains equipment and supplies in an orderly manner; notifies supervisor when supply levels are low; maintains utility room in a clean and orderly condition.
- Reports any problems related to structural and electrical wear.
- When assigned performs a variety of floor care duties in a sanitary, orderly, and safe manner in halls, stairways, lounges, multi-purpose rooms, utility rooms, residents’ rooms, bathrooms, etc.to include the following:
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and sanitizes hard surface floors utilizing specialized floor cleaning agents or equipment.
- Vacuums, scrubs rugs, and sanitizes carpeted floors to include and uses carpet cleaner
Full Time, Benefits available including medical and dental, along with 403B options.
*Equal Opportunity Employer