Posted Friday, June 28, 2019
Williamsport Retirement Village
Twin Oaks Assisted Living Delegating Nurse/Case Manager Responsibilities
Must have RN license
The following services will be provided;
- The Delegating Nurse/Case Manager shall provide services to Twin Oaks as needed to ensure that the correct regulations and procedures are being met.
- The Consultant will abide by all HIPPA regulations and by all facility policies and procedures.
- The Resident Assessment Tool is to be completed upon admission for all new residents and when required per regulations.
- Every 45 days;
- Resident reviews are to be completed and the medications of all residents who are capable of self-administering or who self-administer with reminders, supervision or by physical assistance to determine their ability to self-medicate.
- Perform on-site reviews every 45 days for all residents who require medications by administered by non-licensed personnel. This review shall include review of the Physician’s Order Sheet, the Medication Administration Record (MAR), Resident Service Plan and assessment of the resident and non-licensed personnel ability to administer medications.
- The Delegating Nurse/Case Manager can make recommendations to the Twin Oaks Administrator regarding withholding the privilege of a medication technician in administering medications if the belief is that the Medication Technician cannot administer medications in a safe manner.
- The Delegating Nurse/Case Manager will be available to meet with the Twin Oaks Administrator at least every three (3) months for Quality Assurance reviews.
- Upon admission of a new resident, the Delegating Nurse/Case Manager will:
- Assess the resident
- Review the resident’s current medical profile
- Review all prescriptions and make recommendations to the physician
- Assess the resident’s ability to self-administer medications if applicable
- Educate licensed (as needed) and non-licensed staff on new resident medications if needed
- Complete admission paperwork as required by state and facility regulations
- Is responsible for the initial and on-going updates of the Resident Service Plan
- Every 45 days, the Delegating Nurse/Case Manager will;
- Assess the ability of non-licensed staff to continue to administer medications safely.
- The Delegating Nurse/Case Manager will:
- Teach the approved 20 hour Maryland Board of Nursing Medication Technician Training Program for those employees who qualify.
- Conduct educational in-services as appropriate.
- Teach the four (4) hour Board of Nursing Medication Technicians Clinical Update Class to all trained medication technicians every 2 years as required by the Board of Nursing.
- Will maintain a tracking system to ensure that all medication technicians certifications are current and in good standing. May delegate this function to a licensed designee.
- Review resident records for compliance with state regulations.
- Monitor staff for proper technique when providing ADL’s for resident care
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal regulations, and ensure continued compliance with new or changed regulations.
- Communicate with the Administrator of Twin Oaks at each visit and leave written documentation of findings, concerns or recommendations.
- The Delegating Nurse/Case Manager will refer to the Director of Nursing of Williamsport Retirement Village for any medical questions.
- Communication of all changes and concerns to the Twin Oaks Administrator by phone, text, e-mail or in person when applicable
Williamsport Retirement Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time